How to grow Red King F1 Sweet Pepper from Seeds
The Red King F1 stands out for its notably large fruits and impeccable sweetness, making it a garden favourite.
- Starting Off: Surface sow in pots or trays with free-draining compost, cover lightly, and maintain a temperature of 18-21°C.
- Germination: Typically between February to April. Ensure a consistent temperature for best results.
- Transplanting Seedlings: Once sizable, move to 7cm pots and later to growbags or larger containers, keeping them under glass.
- Soil and Watering: Use free-draining soil and water regularly, avoiding waterlogged conditions.
- Location: These peppers flourish under glass; consider using a greenhouse or polytunnel.
- Maturity: Harvest season is late July to October, marked by a colour shift from green to red in the peppers.
- Appearance: Ready-to-harvest peppers are blocky and sizeable.
- Usage: These fruits are excellent for stuffing and roasting, making them a kitchen favourite.
Choosing the Red King F1 ensures gardeners get to enjoy sizeable, flavour-packed peppers. A rewarding cultivation experience is guaranteed.