How to Grow Bhut Jolokia Chilli Seeds AKA Ghost Pepper or Naga Jolokia in the UK
Preparing the Seeds
- Timing: Start indoors from mid-January to late February.
- Germination Mix: Use quality compost mixed with perlite for optimal aeration.
- Germination with Propagator: A heated propagator is best for germinating Bhut Jolokia Chilli Seeds. Keep the temperature between 28°C-32°C.
- When to Transplant: After 3-5 weeks, your seedlings will be ready.
- Potting Process: Fill pots with a mixture of multi-purpose compost and perlite, and transplant the seedlings, planting deeper if leggy.
Growing and Caring for Your Bhut Jolokia Plants
- Location: Grow in a greenhouse or polytunnel throughout the summer where, the temperature is at least 18°C.
- Repotting with Compost and Perlite Mix: Repot several times, using a compost and perlite mix, and increasing the pot size gradually.
- Watering and Feeding: Maintain consistent moisture and feed with a balanced liquid weekly.
Harvesting Your Ghost Peppers
- When and How to Harvest: Ghost Peppers are typically ready in 100 to 120 days. Harvest when firm and vibrant in color.