How to Grow Nasturtium Tall Climbing Mix from Seed
Embark on a vertical adventure of beauty and flavour with Nasturtium Tall Climbing Mix! This half-hardy annual boasts a vigorous climbing habit and stunning blooms in a diverse mix of colours, adding vertical interest to your garden and offering a tasty treat for you and your pollinator friends. Thriving in UK gardens, Tall Climbing Mix is effortless to grow and provides endless edible blooms and leaves from summer to autumn.
- Direct sow outdoors: Sow directly into prepared soil from late April to early June, after the last frost has passed.
- Spacing: Sow seeds 15cm apart and thin seedlings to 30cm apart when established.
- Support: Provide a trellis, fence, or other structure for climbing vines.
- Sunlight: Full sun for optimal growth and flowering.
- Soil: Well-drained soil enriched with compost.
- Watering: Water regularly, especially during dry periods, but avoid overwatering.
- Feeding: Feed with a general-purpose fertiliser every few weeks during flowering (optional).
Harvesting & Enjoying:
- Pick flowers and leaves regularly: Harvest young blooms and leaves throughout the season to encourage further growth.
- Culinary inspiration: Use your harvest in salads, sandwiches, or as a unique garnish.
- Drying: Dry leaves for later use as seasoning.
- Seed Saving: Allow some seed heads to mature and dry on the plant after flowering. Collect the seeds when they turn brown and store them in a cool, dry place for sowing next year or allow to self seed for next year.
- Companion planting: Plant nasturtiums alongside vegetables to deter pests naturally.
- Enjoy the show: Sit back and admire the vibrant blooms climbing high while supporting your local pollinators!
Embrace the beauty, deliciousness, and vertical charm of Nasturtium Tall Climbing Mix! Order your seeds today and add a unique dimension of flavour and colour to your garden.