How to Grow Golden Yellow Habanero Chilli Seeds
The Golden Yellow Habanero is a vibrant chilli variety offering both a fiery heat and a splash of colour to gardens. As it matures, its earthy green hue transitions to a brilliant golden yellow, adding a tropical feel to your chilli collection.
- Starting Off: Sow seeds 1/4″ deep in pots filled with quality seed compost. Keep the soil consistently moist.
- Germination: Expect seedlings within 10-21 days at temperatures of 23.9°C or above.
- Transplanting Seedlings: Once seedlings develop two pairs of leaves, transplant them to individual pots.
Growing and Caring for Your Golden Yellow Habanero Chilli:
- Plant Characteristics: The Golden Yellow Habanero will grow to a height of approximately 70-80 cm. It will produce an average of 40 fruits per plant, each measuring around 4 x 3cm.
- Soil and Watering: Use well-draining soil. Water regularly but avoid waterlogging the soil.
- Location: Choose a location with ample sunlight and protection from strong winds. These chillies thrive in warm conditions with direct sunlight.
- Maturity: The chillies will generally mature within mid-season. It’s recommended to start planting early in the UK to ensure a successful harvest.
Harvesting Your Golden Yellow Habanero Chilli:
- Appearance: Ready for harvest when they transition from green to a luminous golden yellow.
- Safety Precaution: Handle with care due to their fiery nature. Always wear gloves and wash hands after handling.
The Golden Yellow Habanero promises a burst of colour and heat, making it a must-grow for UK chilli enthusiasts eager to spice up their garden.