Grow Delicious, Blight-Resistant Tomato Crimson Crush
Tired of losing your tomato plants to blight? Enter Tomato Crimson Crush F1, a UK-bred variety boasting exceptional blight resistance for guaranteed success. This guide provides detailed instructions to help you cultivate large, juicy tomatoes (up to 200g each) perfect for salads, sauces, and more, regardless of your gardening experience.
Sowing Seeds (Start indoors at least 6 weeks before transplanting outdoors):
- Prepare the Environment: Use pots or coir coins filled with quality compost or coir. Maintain a consistent temperature of 18°C (64°F), ideally using a propagator or a warm windowsill with plastic covering.
- Sow Carefully: Plant seeds 1-2cm deep into the compost, ensuring they are spaced adequately. Keep the compost moist but not waterlogged.
- Germination & Patience: Germination typically takes 8-12 days. Maintain warmth and consistent moisture during this period.
Potting On (When seedlings develop true leaves):
- Upsize the Home: Transplant seedlings to individual 25cm pots or grow bags with good drainage. Use high-quality potting compost and water regularly.
- Acclimatization: Keep the young plants at room temperature until ready for planting outdoors.
Planting Outdoors (After all risk of frost has passed):
- Location is Key: Choose a sunny spot with well-drained soil.
- Spacing for Success: Plant seedlings outdoors at a distance of 60cm apart to ensure proper airflow and growth.
Climbing & Care:
- Vertical Support: Train your plants to grow upwards on wires or canes for optimal space utilization and fruit development.
- Pinching Technique: When the main stem reaches the roof, pinch it out. Additionally, pinch out side shoots after two leaves beyond female flowers to encourage fruitful growth.
- Nourishment is Essential: Provide your plants with weekly liquid fertiliser to promote healthy growth and abundant yields.
Harvesting Bounty (Enjoy from June to October):
- Morning Harvest: Pick ripe tomatoes early in the morning for the best flavour and texture.
- Clean Cuts: Use sharp tools like a knife or secateurs to make clean cuts, which helps prevent disease and encourages further fruiting.
Bonus Tip: Regularly harvest your tomatoes to stimulate continuous production and enjoy the delicious taste of homegrown Crimson Crush throughout the summer!
Why Choose Tomato Crimson Crush F1?
- Exceptional Blight Resistance: This UK-bred variety offers superior protection against blight, ensuring a successful harvest even in challenging conditions.
- Large, Juicy Fruits: Grow impressive tomatoes weighing up to 200g each, bursting with flavour and perfect for culinary creativity.
- Suitable for All Skill Levels: Whether you’re a seasoned gardener or just starting out, Crimson Crush is easy to cultivate and offers rewarding results.
- Adapted to UK Climate: Bred specifically for the UK climate, this variety thrives in local conditions and ensures bountiful harvests.
Order your Tomato Crimson Crush F1 seeds today and experience the joy of growing your own delicious, blight-resistant tomatoes!