How to Grow Aroma Habanero Chilli Seeds in the UK
Aroma Habanero Peppers transition from violet to orange to red, offering a vibrant patio display. Ideal for pots at 40cm in height, each plant yields about 20 fruits, 5cm long. Native to Central America, these chillies feature a fruity, spicy-citrus taste, with a heat rating of over 100,000 on the Scoville scale. Perfect for those seeking unique flavors and a touch of heat in their garden.
- Start indoors from mid-February to early March.
- Germination Mix: Use quality compost mixed with perlite for optimal aeration.
- Germination with Propagator: A heated propagator is best for germinating Armoa Habanero Chilli Seeds. Keep the temperature between 28°C-32°C.
- After 3-5 weeks, your seedlings will be ready to transplant.
- Fill pots with a mixture of multi-purpose compost and perlite, and transplant the seedlings, planting deeper if leggy.
Growing and Caring for Your Aroma Habanero Plants
- Grow in a greenhouse or polytunnel throughout the summer where, the temperature is at least 18°C.
- Re-pot several times, using a compost and perlite mix, and increasing the pot size gradually.
- Maintain consistent moisture and feed with a balanced liquid weekly.
- Protect the plants from pests and diseases. Common pests of aroma habanero chillies include aphids, spider mites, and whiteflies. Common diseases of aroma habanero chillies include leaf spot, powdery mildew, and fusarium wilt.
Harvesting Your Aroma Habanero Peppers
- Aroma habanero chillies are typically ready in 100 to 120 days. Harvest when firm and vibrant in color.